Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Sunday, September 13, 2009
I closed my etsy shop. I had it open for a little less than a year but only sold three items. I admit that I haven't promoted it as much as I should. Most of my sales have been face-to-face or through the art gallery in Florida.
Sunday, August 2, 2009
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
In School Suspension (ISS) is Christmas-come-early to beleagured teachers. Students are assigned to ISS when they have been particularily naughty - like fights, death threats, porn etc. Often, these same students are the ones that make a teacher's job, well, hell.
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Photography. If one is going to have an online store, someone has to take pictures. Since I work alone that someone is me. I tried something different. I hauled everything outside on a sunny day. It's not really hard to find a sunny day in Texas. I think the pics came out better. I think I'll try closer to noon so the sun will be directly overhead next time.
Monday, March 9, 2009
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
What happens then when the child doesn't see the need in moving ahead? For this child, school is just a place to go and hang out with friends. I've met a bunch of them in my 10 years in the school system. As a teacher, parent, and taxpayer, it makes me mad. This child is being handed a free and appropriate education and he refuses to receive it. In fact, he is preventing or hindering others from receiving their free education too because he is such a classroom distraction that the teacher has to spend an inordinate amount of time just keeping control of the classroom.
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Monday, February 9, 2009
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
1. Limited distracters—No student can have more than two modifications.
2. Extended time—The due date for all grades and paperwork can be extended up to two weeks.
3. Assignment books—Students and parents are responsible for assignment books. The teacher is not responsible to do a darn thing related to the student’s assignment books.
4. Required substitution—Before any parent can comment on anything that happens in any classroom, the parent is required to substitute teach in that classroom for a week.
5. Positive reinforcement—The teacher gets the choice of lots and lots of chocolate, lots and lots of liquor, or time out—you know, time alone to do what ever I darn well please.
6. Preferential seating— Who are we kidding here? Teachers don’t sit down. But we could restrict the type of students that are close to the teacher. For example, no tappers, hummers, snorters, or gas passers are allowed within 25 feet of the teacher.
7. Notetaking assistance—The teacher will not be required to take any notes or remember anything that is not provided to the teacher in writing.
8. Notifications—All parents of students in the teacher’s classroom will be required to attend a long, boring meeting where the teacher’s modifications are explained in excruciating detail to the parents. The parents will be required to make weekly reports as to whether they are complying with the modifications.
9. Limited distracters, redux—The teacher’s classes will be limited to students that actually capable of and are motivated to learn the subject matter. Students who are not motivated will be removed from the class. I don’t care where they are sent, just that they are gone.
10. Behavior modifications—In order to keep the top of the teacher’s head from blowing off, the students are required to modify their behavior.
a. The teacher is not required to say any instruction more than once.
b. The teacher will write the page number on the board and all students will refer to the board and not ask, “What page is it on?”
c. Students are prohibited from exclaiming, “There’s a test today?” when the class has been reviewing for the test for three days prior and the teacher has announced the test for nine consecutive days.
d. Students are prohibited from asking to go to the restroom when they know the teacher never let’s anyone go to the restroom.
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Monday, January 12, 2009
Saturday, January 3, 2009
Friday, January 2, 2009
I now tweet on twitter. I am BeadQueen. I have 10 followers which is pretty cool. I'm following etsy and other etsy sellers. What I've learned is that I have a lot to learn.